Building Energy Audits
Eaton is an EECA Business Program Partner to assist commercial building owners access the commercial project grants. EECA funding is available for cost-effective projects that wouldn't otherwise go ahead because of a financial barrier.
Eaton's auditing and project implementation experience covers a wide scope of different commercial building sizes and business types - including schools, manufacturing plants, data centres, and residential care facilities. Energy efficiency audit and optimised solutions can encompass a wide array of technical areas. Eaton brings the broadest possible set of core skills to this task such as power distribution and power quality, automation & process control, monitoring, metering and control software. Where there are areas outside our core skills, Eaton works with expert partner providers to deliver a complete solution.
- Speciality Systems:
- process equipment
- Mechanical Systems and building envelope:
- central plant
- steam systems
- windows, doors and insulation
- Lighting and electrical systems:
- Control & distribution system(s)
- energy management system
- Consumption and re-use
- hot water - generation, storage, distribution
- Renewable solutions and transportation
- solar - electric and thermal
- geothermal, wind, biomass
Energy audits are the first part of the energy management process. Simply contact Eaton and ask for our Green Building Energy Efficiency EECA Partner Programme Services:
Free Ph: 0508 EATON NZ (3286669)
Eaton will apply the following 2 step structure when implementing a programme for a typical commercial building or facility.
Step 1: Energy Audit
Eaton undertakes the energy audit and will:
- Quantify and prioritise energy conservation and cost saving opportunities
- Estimate the financial impact and payback
- Present a report of findings and recommendations
The outcome from discussions / negotiations between the customer and Eaton may result in progression to Step 2.
Step 2: Energy Management Process Planning, Advisory and Implementation
If identified and approved in Step 1, Eaton will then help customers:
- Define energy strategies & policies
- Set energy goals & objectives
- Develop an entire energy management program
Experience has shown that a major contributor to a successful energy management plan is appropriate metering and monitoring systems. This can also be one of the deliverables.
If approved, Eaton will then manage the execution and commissioning of the energy management programme, and drive accountability through results. We can provide:
- Technical studies
- Engineering design
- Project management
- Project engineering
- Financial solutions
- Measurement and verification